Ingredients: [quantity for 4 ppl]
- 400 gr rice (carnaroli or arborio)
- 1 onion
- 1 big lemon
- 1 glass white kitchen wine
- a spoon Parmesan cheese
- pepper + parsley
1. Put a little bit of butter in a pot, when it starts frying add a fine chopped onion. At the same time, fill another pot with water and brings it to boil. You can decide to use plain water (lighter and healthier choice) or to put half bouillon/stock cube as my sweet sweet Grandma used to. By the way, this is one of her simple and super-tasty recipe.
2. After the onion sweats, put the rice, toast it and add a glass of white wine.
3. Once the wine is all dried off, start adding a scoop of boiling water(with or without bouillon) and wait till it evaporate. Keep putting water spoon by spoon till the rice is cooked up.
4. When you see the rice is almost done, season it with pepper, Parmesan cheese and the juice of one lemon.Adjust with salt and cook for other 5 minutes. Now it should be all creamy and the lemon juice sunk and dried in.
Serve it hot with parsley on top :D