This is a quick and fresh recipe, perfect for summer!
Time:10 min [4 ppl]
- 2 can of lentils (around 500 gr)
- 1 cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- mix of seeds (sesame seed, pine nut,pumpkin seed, sunflower seed)
- 1 or 2 spring onion
- mix of different lettuce loose leaves ( arugola, red leaf, romaine etc)
- mix of fresh herbs (basils, parsley, chives, oregano)
1. I decided to quickly warm the lentils up and let them cook for some minutes. Lentils in a can are usually precooked, but I always rinse them, wash with cold water and cook for 10 minutes. In this way they lose any “can smell”, if you know what I mean.
2. While the lentils are slowly re-cooking, I peel the cucumber, get rid of internal seed and wash it together with cherry tomatoes. I chop everything in little cubes and put it in a big bowl. Add one or two spring onion, herbs and washed lettuce leaves. Let the lentils cool off for some minutes.
For dressing: I simply add olive oil, salt and pepper.