Ingredients: 2 people very hungry!
- 1 onion
- 180 gr pasta you like
- 125 gr pancetta ( bacon bits)
- 200 ml double cream
- 100 gr pistachio
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon butter
1. Put the water on the stove with some salt in it and when the water is boiling throw your pasta in.
2. In a pan put a tiny amount of olive oil or butter. Meanwhile, chop finely a onion and let it fry on the hot pan. After 3 minutes add also your pancetta and cook until it changed its color. Watch out,try not to overcook it, otherwise it will become too crunchy.
3. Add your double cream and let it boil a little to reduce with medium heat. When you see it’s reducing, add your pistachio and only the grated skin of an orange . This will make a huge different: giving a touch of sophisticated and more gentle taste. Don’t skimp on pepper now, you should have obtained a soft-green cream.
4. Drain your pasta “al dente” and add it in your cream. Get it all mixed and serve with more pistachio on top….and it’s done!
This the absolute final favorite pasta for my fiancée. If I really want to spoil him, I make this typical Sicilian pasta with pistachio from Bronte. If you come in Sicily during your vacation, stop by any supermarket and you’ll find it already crumbled and ready for this pasta and many other recipe.