I really love this recipe! When I was studying for my bachelor, I used to visit my grandma every Wednesday lunch and this was one of her typical “I completely forgot you were supposed to visit me!”-recipe. I miss you so much grandma!
Time: 10 min
Ingredients: [ for 2 ppl]
- 150 gr sun-dried tomatoes
- olive oil (a nice amount)
- 4 cloves garlic
- parsley ( again..a nice amount)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
1. Bring to boil a pot of water with salt in it and cook any kind of medium-size pasta you would like.
2. While your pasta is cooking ( al dente!), heat a pan with a generous amount of olive oil. Toss in it 4 cloves of garlic after you’ve pressed them with your hand to get all the flavor out. Add also 1 teaspoon of chili pepper ( or even less if your don’t like spicy food).
3, When the garlic is sizzling, add sun-dried tomatoes,thinly cut; let them cook for 5-6 min. I usually add a small cup of the boiling water in the pan to make everything smooth later and avoid to burn your garlic.
4. Drain the pasta and put it together in the saucepan where your sun-dried tomatoes are cooking and season everything with a lot of parsley.
And that’s it! Buon appetito
Ingredients: [for 4 ppl]
- 1 fresh block yeast , 25 gr ( I find it in the refrigerator section )
- 500 white flour or durum wheat ( this one is less easier to work with)
- 1 spoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 spoon olive oil
- 300 ml hot water
- mozzarella cheese (120 gr ca.)
For the tomatoes sauce:
1. Heat some water up, lukewarm. In a big bowl, weigh the with flour, olive oil, sugar, and salt. With one hand pours some water directly on the yeast in order to make it softer and start working on it. Keep adding water little by little. Work on pizza-mass for at least 10 minutes: in this way you’ll be sure that it’s going to rise properly. When your mass start getting elasticity and solidity, it is ready to rest( fig 3. top line on the right).
2. Put your pizza-mass in dry place – I usually use the inside of the oven – and cover it with a thick cloth. Wait 1 hour.In the meanwhile let’s make the tomatoes sauce: in a little bowl, just mix all the ingredients and let them soak up together.
3. After 1 hour your pizza will be ready to be cook. Oil your baking tray carefully and put some oil on your fingertips also. In this way it would be easier to work your mass without get it sticky. Stretch it out with your hands till it gets a good thin layer.
4. Pre-heat the oven 200°c.
5. Put generously your tomatoes salsa on it, leaving borders free and add mozzarella cheese. Toss it in the oven for 20 minutes. If you’ve done a thin layer it will be fully cooked, otherwise no problem, just wait other 10 min. I usually lift it up with a spatula and see if it’s getting gold-brown on the bottom to be sure it’s crunchy and good :)
Ingredients: ( 4 ppl)
- 1 kg zucchini ( which are 4 zucchini medium sizes ca.)
- fresh parsley
- chili pepper ( 1 teaspoon)
NB: For this recipe you’ll need an hand-blender.
Optional for serving:
- some grated cheese ( mozzarella here, Emmental, Parmesan…your favorite one!) or just some olive oil on top
- Some fried bread
- Fresh basil
1. Wash and cut your zucchini roughly, approximately 1 cm thickness. Throw them in a saucepan and add 1 full glass of water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and put to a medium heat. Cook for 15-20 min.
2. After 15 min your zucchini are cooked enough, but not much. Add your parsley and leave your pot cool down for 5-10 min.Then hand-blend everything and serve! It’s usually perfect temperature by this time.
Ingredients: 4 ppl
- 1 kg potatoes
- 4 little peppers ( or 2 big) red are more colorful and funny)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 chicken haunch or legs ( with skin)
- pepper, salt, rosemary, olive oil ( and chili pepper if you want it more spicy)
1. In a little bowl, put two spoons olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper and rosemary to sink together( my grandma also used to put fresh chili pepper in it). Peel the potatoes, clean and cut in big chucks peppers- otherwise your peppers are going to be burnt before your potatoes are fully cooked.
2. Toss the veggies in a casserole and season with salt, I usually use my hands to mix everything evenly. Use a kitchen-brush to spread the oil on your chicken legs and on your veggies. Cook for 45 min at 200°c.