Ingredients: [for 4 ppl]
- 1 fresh block yeast , 25 gr ( I find it in the refrigerator section )
- 500 white flour or durum wheat ( this one is less easier to work with)
- 1 spoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 spoon olive oil
- 300 ml hot water
- mozzarella cheese (120 gr ca.)
For the tomatoes sauce:
1. Heat some water up, lukewarm. In a big bowl, weigh the with flour, olive oil, sugar, and salt. With one hand pours some water directly on the yeast in order to make it softer and start working on it. Keep adding water little by little. Work on pizza-mass for at least 10 minutes: in this way you’ll be sure that it’s going to rise properly. When your mass start getting elasticity and solidity, it is ready to rest( fig 3. top line on the right).
2. Put your pizza-mass in dry place – I usually use the inside of the oven – and cover it with a thick cloth. Wait 1 hour.In the meanwhile let’s make the tomatoes sauce: in a little bowl, just mix all the ingredients and let them soak up together.
3. After 1 hour your pizza will be ready to be cook. Oil your baking tray carefully and put some oil on your fingertips also. In this way it would be easier to work your mass without get it sticky. Stretch it out with your hands till it gets a good thin layer.
4. Pre-heat the oven 200°c.
5. Put generously your tomatoes salsa on it, leaving borders free and add mozzarella cheese. Toss it in the oven for 20 minutes. If you’ve done a thin layer it will be fully cooked, otherwise no problem, just wait other 10 min. I usually lift it up with a spatula and see if it’s getting gold-brown on the bottom to be sure it’s crunchy and good :)