You can also add green beans or broccoli; I hardly have them fresh at home, so this is exactly my typical version of minestrone.
- 1 big onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 2 potatoes ( medium size)
- 1 can peas ( ~250 gr)
- 1 bay leaf
- pepper, salt, 2 cup water
1. Peel, wash and cut everything :)
2. Toss everything in a pan (including bay leaf and some fresh or dry rosemary) with two full big cups of water and cook for 30 min with the lid always on.
3. Rinse your peas, add them together with salt and pepper and cook for other 10 min. And it’s done! Buon appetito.