This is a perfect solution for Holiday: you have a main dish, with potatoes and meat all together. Definitely, prepare it in advance: even a day before. After it rested for a while, all the flavor comes out and it’s easier to cut and serve it. A little warmer than room temperature is perfection, in my opinion.
Time: prep 1 hour + 30 cooking
Ingredients: for 12 portions
- 2,5 kg potatoes
- 250 gr Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 eggs
- Gouda, Edam or other cheese in slices ( ~200 gr)
- Salt and pepper
- 350 gr Ragù with peas (Very important: grab it with a strainer, only the no-liquid part!)
- olive oil and butter (~20 gr)
You’ll also need a casserole, the one used for lasagna is perfect.
1. Peel, wash and boil the potatoes until they are soft.
2. Smash the potatoes in a big bowl, add two eggs first ( a third later if the mixture is not sticky enough), 150 gr Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt ( quite a lot ), parsley and mix all together with a fork.
3. Grease with olive oil your casserole. Cover the oil-layer with a thin layer of tiny breadcrumbs and start building up your casserole deliciousness.
4.First layer: with the back of your hand press the potatoes mix; Second layer: add your ragu’ equally and spread it all over with the back of the spoon. Third layer: cover with slice of cheese and sprinkle some Parmesancheese all over.
5. Repeat the three layers above and finish with a good amount of breadcrumbs. Final touch to make the top crunchy: tiny-teeny pieces of butter and spray with olive oil.
Cook 20 min at 200°c both up and down heating, then other 10 minutes only the top, grill function.
Let it cool down for a while before serving in order to cut it easily, since it will become more compact.