Who doesn’t love smashed potatoes?They are not the lightest side dish, but they taste amazing. This recipe is my father’s, it’s light and delicate. It is perfect to be served not only with meat, but also with fish. Be prepared to the fact, that once you get used to fresh purèe, you won’t be able to eat the pre-cooked one sold in the supermarket.
One trick: you can always boil potatoes with the skin: when you smash them, the skin get trapped in potatoes masher and doesn’t pass through.
Time: 1 hour preparation + 15 min cooking
Ingredients: [ 4 portions]
- 700 gr boiled potatoes
- 50 gr grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 glasses milk
- 2 spoons butter
- pepper, salt, fresh parsley,nutmeg
1. Boil the potatoes until they are soft. You can use normal pots or, if you own it, a pressure cooker.
2. Smash the potatoes directly inside a pot. Add 2 spoons of butter, with a medium heat, starts add one by one the milk glasses. Use a whisk to stir.
3. Add slowly Parmesan cheese, pepper, small amount of salt. When you see the first bubble, it’s ready. Add some fresh parsley.
Once it cools down a little, it will be denser, don’t worry!