And finally the second part of bouillon recipe,in other words, how to use the boiled meat that we used for it. This salad is not super healthy, because I put some mayonnaise in it ( 3 tablespoons), but bare in mind that all the taste and good nutrition elements are in the broth, not in the meat anymore. That’s why you need to add a little bit of character to it. I keep it in the fridges covered with wrapping paper, and it remains quite good for 2 – maximum 3 days. This recipe is very quickly because I buy most of the ingredients already in a jar. It’s also a good idea, together with tortellini in broth for a complete meal for guests, only need to add some dessert at the end.
Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: 8 portions
- 500 gr beef bouillon meat ( already cooked)
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- 300 gr carrots in vinegar
- 300 gr celery in vinegar
- 150 gr beetroot preserves ( I use the one with red cranberries)
- 2 boiled potatoes ( from the previous broth we made)
- pepper, salt and parsley
2. Wash carefully the vinegar from carrots and celery off and add them to the bowl.
3. Add 3 tbs spoon mayonnaise, potatoes cut in chunks, beetroot ( which will hint a wonderful pink color), salt and pepper and parsley. Give it a taste and make sure it won’t need any salt more.
And it’s done, buon appetito!!!