This is my father’s stewed beef recipe, it reminds me a lot my childhood and it’s really tasty. I hope you’ll like it !
Time: 1 hour + 20 prep min
- 500 gr beef ( already cut in chunks)
- 1 can peas
- 1 can tomatoes
- 4 big potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 1 glass white kitchen wine
- salt + pepper
- white flour
- a spoon olive oil
1. First of all, I usually cut my beef pieces in more little one. Then, I salt+pepper them and roll the chunks into some white flour.2. Pre-heat a spoon of olive oil in a quite large pot.After, add the meat and brown it for a little while.Then, add a glass of white wine and let it evaporate with a slow-temp and put the lid on for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, peel and cut both potatoes and carrots.
3. Now you should have a creamy-delicious consistency.
4. Add potatoes and carrots and adjust with more salt+pepper.
5. Add the entire tomatoes can and cook for 40 minutes with the lid on (always with a low-heat temprature). Once in a while remember to stir it carefully,otherwise the bottom is going to burn easily ( trust me, this is an experienced advice ….). 6. In the end. rinse the peas and add them too. Cook for about other 10 minutes with the lid on. And now should be ready and yummy! Buon appetito!